Saturday, April 17, 2010

Mirrors, Peddler's Mall, and a craft

So I mentioned that a new peddler's mall opened in Lexington. Its huge. I am so excited. I love peddler's malls, flea malls, antique malls...junk malls. :) They make me so happy. A friend and I went to this new peddler's mall last weekend. I had some good finds including a green lamp (I'll show you later), a glass lamp (again, another post), some blue glass ball jars with zinc lids, and a mirror. Not just any mirror...but a matching mirror. What does it match? Well, it matches my mirror that I found on craigslist...as in, it is the same mirror.  I now have two!  This is what I did.  I decided I did not like the awesome gold color...still.  So I primed and painted it white, and hung it on the wall in my living room.  I had been given some shelves.




The problem is, they are a nice butter color.  So I sanded them down, and repainted them white. When I finally got to the painting part (after priming) this happened:


Can you see it?  The cracking paint on the corner there?  So I scraped it all off, started over.  I finally finished them, and now they are hanging with my new mirrors.

Living Room

 Kitchen

What have I put on there?  Well let me show you.

 
And


These are the ball jars I found at the peddler's mall for $2 each!  My birdies are from DT, and the candles are as well.  Those are candle stick holders and hurricanes held together with some e6000 and a candle placed in there.

This is in the kitchen (please don't mind Hubby--he did most of the work on hanging this stuff, and it looks great-thank's babe!).  Again, I have my DT birds, and the blue tea light holders I also found at the DT.  I like the blue in my yellow kitchen.  And the same with these candle holders as before.


So, that's what I've been working on...Oh-and hubby and I are hoping to finish our last mirror project. :) Also in the next post (when I show our last mirror), I can't wait to show you my mantle and what I got for FREE at the ReStore!

Thanks for your patience while I've been trying to fit in the blogging during my time at nursing school.





 p.s. I'm linking up to:


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


The Girl Creative

Sundae Scoop @IHeartNapTimeWithChocolateSundaes

DIY Day @ ASPTL
 
Talented Tuesday @MyFrugalFamily

 
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm impressed. BTW, whats going on in your hometown? You didn't explain that... ;-) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog. You and hubby can do it. Just hold on to that dream. Of course I was 39 when we built our second home. I love your shelves and mirrors. How bizarre that you found two identical mirrors from two different sources. Lot of people using those blue ball jars now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh you are awesome and I love this!! I'm following you! I live in Louisville and it makes me excited that you found those great things in KY! I haven't had much luck lately :-/ love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is super cute! Love the mirror. I'd love for you to link up to sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundae-scoop-2-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo cute! Thank you commenting on my blog. I like your idea of changing your hair with the seasons.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute. I love the mirror too!

    I am starting a new party called "Saturday is Crafty Day" on April 24th and I'd love it if you stopped by!
    www.iamalongfortheride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soooo many THRIFTY deals...luv those blue mason jars! Come by and show off all your finds at my NTT PAR-TAY...hope to see you there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    I’m having a GIVEAWAY…come by and check it out…I think you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog! happy almost anniversary to you :) im not married, but im not single either, and when we get married i wont be walking the tranditional road either! when i go to weddings and they feel like forced tradition i dont get the genuine vibe you should from a wedding. shelves look great, and ill be back to see what your up to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so HAPPY that you came to my NTT party...hope you had a good time:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I love the blue bottling jars too they add a fun color! You're so creative!!

    ~Morgan

    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!
    Meet Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! I love to hear from you! Don't forget to follow me so you can stay up-to-date on what I'm doing! -Jess