Friday, February 26, 2010

School

So I've mentioned I am a professional student.  I like to think of this as my job...or a VERY expensive hobby.  I've basically been in school since I was about 3.  Which makes 22 years of education.  Its not too bad, I have two degrees to show for it.  I'm currently back in school working on my Associates Degree in Nursing.  My first two degrees (BS & MBA) are in business.  I hated it.  I hated the business world.  There was no fulfillment.  It was all about the bottom line.  I needed something more....  My wonderful husband suggest I get my RN since I always talked about wanting to be a nurse.  Let me tell you, I'm in my second semester, and it is HARD.  But...I LOVE IT!  It is amazing to work with so many people and have the ability to touch so many people's lives.  I really feel like this is my calling.

Right  now I am doing my Med-Surg rotation at the VA hospital here in town.  It has really been a blessing.  These patients are some of the best people I've ever met, and their families are just as great.  They have touched my life in ways I'll never forget.

So, the first bit of decoration for my living room I've worked on was a wreath.  It was given to me by my Mother-In-Law.  Its was just a plain wooden wreath-and I had it suck in the closet for almost 9 months!  I didn't know what to do with it.  I decided we need a little spring time inside, since we had 6-8 inches of snow outside at the time.  My husband took me to my favorite hobby store, and I purchased a ivy garland for $5, two birdies $2, and a spool of really pretty floral ribbon $5.  Total $12.

 

A little closer...



That's it for now.  I have a dozen other things to add this weekend though.  I don't have the opportunity to write as I would like because of class and clinicals.  

-Jess

1 comment:

  1. Jess, welcome to blog land. I just started my blog four weeks ago. So much fun. The best way to get going on here is to leave a comment when you visit a blog. I appreciate you following me followers are good, too, but comments are even better. Wow, going to nursing school. Good for you. You should pursue something you love. I wish I had gone to interior design school, but did not know at that time that that is what I love to do. I was going to be a medical assistant until I found out that all the kids sitting around me in class would have to stick me with a needle and me do the same to them. No way! Instead I started working as a receptionist for doctors for many years. Now I am fortunate enough to stay home. You have your whole life ahead of you. Do what you enjoy...Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! I love to hear from you! Don't forget to follow me so you can stay up-to-date on what I'm doing! -Jess