Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Decorating

I think we all have a love for Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, and Ballard Designs.  I know I do.  I also know that I cannot afford much, if anything from those stores.  Its fine.  My hand-me-down kitchen table, sofas, and coffee tables work just fine with my peddler's mall finds.  My other favorite is The Country House, they regularly have some cute decor things...again I mostly cannot afford, but they are more in my price range.  My dear sweet mother-in-law gave me a sack full of magazines she had collected for me.  She receives a ton of them apparently.  In any case there were clothes magazines, junk magazines, and more home decor magazines....  I just wanted to share a couple of my new favorites, and why.

  • Sturbridge Yankee Workshop - This is much like The Country House, very cute decor items and some curtains and other things that would be nice in my house. 
  • Garnet Hill - Some really cute dresses in here.  I love light summery dresses.
  • Cambria Cove - I have never heard of this, and some of the items look like what my grandmother would have had in her house, BUT they have some really pretty china tea sets etc that would be nice to have for yourself, or to give as a gift.  I love pretty china.  
  • Viva Terra - Again, I've NEVER heard of this.  However, they have some cute items for the home and garden etc ...some are even affordable.  
  • Van Dyke's Restorers - OMG...I can build a house from this magazine....enough said. 
 I found this in Viva Terra, and I want it. :)

I love enamel ware.  I don't know why.  I think it looks so bright and vintage.  :) 

On a side note from all of this, I have a project in the works.  Thanks to Ana at Knock-Off Wood I have plans to build a bench for my landing area, coffee table, and end table.  She has excellent plans that if I can follow....I KNOW anyone can do it.  You can't get any more step-by-step than this.  I'll be posting those photos as they become available. :)

I am sorry I haven't been around that much.  I am taking a summer course (okay actually 3) so I can graduate in December.  Summer school is only 14 weeks instead of 16 weeks.  That has caused me to be super busy with studying, care plans (ughhhhh), and school in general.  I start my other two classes tonight, Microbiology with lab...how exciting.  8 weeks of that....  I'm actually hoping it wont be too bad.  AND though all of this I have had to continue wifely duties-take care of puppies and Miss Kitty, and hubby...occasionally I cook. :) 

I look forward to getting back in the swing of the blogging soon enough!

Thanks,

1 comment:

  1. Am I going to have to do another post for you? Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message! I love to hear from you! Don't forget to follow me so you can stay up-to-date on what I'm doing! -Jess