Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nursing Clipboard

Some of you may know-or most may know, I am in nursing school.  I love it-I wish I had done it 7 years ago when I first started college.  Its wonderful and amazing.  One of the things I have to do in nursing school is a clinical rotation.  I've had two rotations of medical-surgical nursing.  In this type of setting you are dealing with a lot of very sick people, and many times, people who are alone.  It is my job to help care for them and in some cases brighten their day...just a little bit.  Nurses all carry clipboards to write down important information-vital signs, notes, reminders etc.  I finally was tired of carrying my full-sized clipboard around with me, having to set it down every time I needed to do something-and then walking off and leaving it.  Sometimes things are hectic and you just forget.  Then its lost for 10 minutes or so-well, you see where this is going.  I decided I needed a small clipboard, the half size clipboards.  The problem is they are all chipboard (AKA brown).  This not fitting with my personality.  SO I set out to change that (the clipboard-not my personality).

This is what I started with-

  • clip board
  • 2 pieces of scrapbook paper
  • mod podge
First I removed the clip from the board.  I then used mod podge and applied the paper.  I chose to use two sheets-and I removed a small bit from each-it gave it a layered effect.  I let the mod podge dry, and reattached the clip.



This handy little clipboard now fits in my smock/scrubs. So I don't have to worry about laying it down and walking off-
This is super simple and it has been a HUGE help for me in the hospital so I stop losing stuff.

-Jess

Today I'm Linking Up To:
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a message! I love to hear from you! Don't forget to follow me so you can stay up-to-date on what I'm doing! -Jess